Wednesday 5 June 2013

Kristina Akheeva

Australian model-actress Kristina Akheeva, who is making her Bollywood debut with ‘Yamla Pagla Deewana 2′, says she enjoyed working with the Deols.

Kristina is one of the female leads in ‘Yamla Pagla Deewana 2′ (YPD2), a sequel to the super hit 2011 film of the same name starring veteran actor Dharmendra along with his two sons, Sunny and Bobby Deol. The Sangeeth Sivan-directed action comedy releases on June 7.

“I have seen ‘Yamla Pagla Deewana’ and had heard about Deols. But only when I started working with them that I realised how warm, humble and heartwarming people they were. They are an iconic Hindi film family,” Kristina told PTI in an interview here.

The newbie is not perturbed about the fact that the entire focus of the film’s promos and pre-release promotion is on Deols, around whom the story revolves.

“I am not bothered with the entire focus on Deols. They are in the industry for a long time. Audience will come to see the film because of them…I would be happy if people notice and appreciate my work.”
The 26-year-old finds Dharmendra young at heart and a very jovial person, while according to her Sunny is a disciplined man.

“Sunny is disciplined…he is quiet and shy but a brilliant actor. He is completely different when he is in front of the camera. Bobby is very chilled out and has a natural style of acting. Dharamji is energetic…too good at comedy. He is a fantastic actor. I learnt a lot from him.”

In the film, Kristina plays the role of Reet, a half British, half Indian, who is brought up in the UK. She comes from a well-to-do family and is highly educated. She is into arts and works in an art gallery.
While Dharmendra, who has also produced the film, encouraged Kristina in acting department, Sunny was open to receiving suggestions from her.

“I wanted to be perfect in all areas. I was quite nervous to work with him initially. He appreciated my hard work for getting dialogues and scenes right. He gave me his blessings and encouraged me to do better,” the model-actress said about the 77-year-old Bollywood veteran.

“Sunny was OK if I approached a scene differently. When I made some suggestions to him, he accepted my opinion,” she added.

No comments:

Post a Comment