Wednesday 5 June 2013

Kristina Akheeva

Australian model-actress Kristina Akheeva is part of the Deols’ home production “Yamla Pagla Deewana 2″. While working on the film she got to spend time with yesteryears star Dharmendra and was inspired by his life story.

Describing 77-year-old Dharmendra as the “most kindest” and “most humble” person, he made her feel “extremely welcome” and said she was a “part of the family”.

At the same time, Dharmednra, a village boy who entered Hindi cinema after winning a Filmfare new talent award and became a star after hits like “Phool Aur Patthar”, “Satyakam” and “Sholay”, reminded her of her professional responsibilities.

“He constantly reminded me that I am here for a reason and that I was doing a good job. He told me a lot of stories from his past and how he got into the industry. It was inspiring to know his story,” Kristina told.

To direct three Deols – Dharmendra and his two sons – Sunny and Bobby – in “Yamla Pagla Deewana 2″, Sangeeth Sivan went behind the camera. Releasing June 7, the film‘s story is penned down by Sunny’s wife Lynda Deol.

Kristina says it was “amazing” to work in the film. “I had a fantastic time. I learned a lot and got to work with such an iconic family. I have always been passionate about getting into films, so for me it was amazing to just be on sets everyday and do something which I love,” she said.

The Hindi film industry’s professionalism impressed the 26-year-old.

“I didn’t have any preconceived notions. I had nothing to compare it with. I was happy to see that it was so professional. I got to work with honest people in the industry and I feel lucky about it. Everything was how I imagined it to be,” she said.

Although she did not get time to learn Hindi, but she didn’t “struggle with it as much as I had thought”.

Now that she has time, she is taking regular classes to master the language and added: “I have a teacher and I am learning more conversational Hindi.”

No comments:

Post a Comment